Skin brushing is extremely effective at stimulating mucus expulsion and loosening toxic matter that clogs up the lymph nodes and lymphatic system. You should only use your natural bristle skin brush on dry skin before a bath or shower.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how exactly to use the dry skin brush:
- Start by brushing the sole of one foot and work up the front and back of the same leg, as well as over your buttocks.
- Repeat the above step on the other leg.
- Start at your fingertips to brush your hands and arms. Brush the palm and back of your hands, before moving up toward the armpits.
- Brush over your shoulders and as much of your back as possible.
- Brush your chest and work down in the direction of your heart (women should avoid breasts and nipples).
- Brush down your neck.
- Brush your stomach in a circular clockwise motion to help stimulate the colon.
- Continue to brush until your skin feels warm, which should take about 5 minutes. If you are in a hurry, less time is okay.
- We recommend you take a sauna or a hydrotherapy bath afterwards.
- Make sure to always wash your skin and skin brush with warm soapy water once you are finished.
To properly dry skin brush, make sure to brush towards your heart, avoiding any sensitive areas, such as breasts, underarms, and broken skin.