Castor Fix™ Pack and Wrap
Handcrafted and sewn in our USA facility with organic fleece, baby-certified snaps and elastic, and waterproof breathable PUL (Polyurethane Laminate Fabric) 100% Free of PFOS, PFOA, lead, dioxins, heavy metals & BPA; Free from phthalates: contains no DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP, and DnOP. The quality craftsmanship includes strategically placed corset boning to hold the wrap comfortably in place in a one size fits all design that takes days to make. We prewash and dry the fleece fabric with the hottest setting so your liner always fits the wrap. The straps are extra long with enough snaps so shorter people can cut off the excess length without raveling. No leaking ever, while wearing the wrap during sleep, exercise, going for a walk, or any other activity around your home, making castor oil packs the easiest health practice to add to your life.
One of the major benefits of castor oil is it supports thymus gland health and stimulates lymphatic drainage. It reduces the sensation of pain by decreasing substance P, a nervous system neurotransmitter. It also stimulates the liver to eliminate toxins.
Castor oil promotes healthy function of the kidneys, bowel, intestine, thyroid gland, ovaries, and uterus. Benefits include good bowel movements, reduced abdominal pain caused by bloating and gas, increased circulation, reduced physical inflammation and edema, reduced joint and muscle aches, improved auto-immune function, less moodiness and balanced hormones, and decreased liver enzymes, cholesterol, and uric acid.
Castor oil strengthens the immune system by increasing white blood cells to fight infection. It has been proven to increase the count of T-cells and the production of lymphocytes in the blood within 7 hours of application. This initiates the body to produce more antibodies, as well as to kill viruses, fungi, bacteria, and cancer cells.
How and Why to Use Castor Fix Packs
The pack is just as important as the oil. The castor oil pack ensures that the castor oil deeply permeates the tissues. It’s also what produces the neurological switch into the parasympathetic state and stimulates a vast amount of the beneficial neurohormones like oxytocin and dopamine. If you use the oil on your body without the pack, you will lose much of the relaxation benefit. A castor oil pack is simply a way to apply castor oil to the skin, like you would do with a medicated wrapping.
By applying the pack on the body, you stimulate the sensory receptors in your skin. This sends a message via the somatic-visceral reflexes to the organs inside the body. The corresponding organs are the liver, pancreas, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, kidneys, and adrenals.
Castor Fix packs take your body and nervous system from a stressful state to a relaxed state. This is when your digestive system starts producing its digestive juices, like digestive enzymes, bile, hydrochloric acid, and immune factors, with ease. In a relaxed state, your body can begin to cleanse and detoxify.
Castor Fix packs can be helpful with menstrual cramps. Place the Castor Fix pack and heating pad over the uterus and relax for 20-30 minutes to reduce inflammation, pain, and cramping.
- Remove the liner from the wrap and apply the castor oil to the “fluffy” side of the fleece. Saturate (but not to the point of dripping) the center of the liner, leaving about an inch around the outer edge dry.
- Snap the liner back in place.
- Hold the wrap with the liner against your abdomen and wrap the looped straps around your waist. Cross the straps and put your arms inside the loops and pull them up to your shoulders. Crossing the shoulder straps across your back is the secret to a comfortable fit.
- Lace the long ties through the loops on the bottom and the sides. Pull the ties snug and finish by tying a bow. The shoulder straps can be adjusted with the snaps, and the lower ties can be trimmed if they’re too long for you.
- The front pocket can hold a heating pad or water bottle for optional heat.